Thursday, June 17, 2010

Memories

Last night as I was rummaging through some old stuff, I came across my old journal, now this journal was written way back in 2004.

There was some stuff I wrote about me having a crush on someone who was straight. Also the time that my father passed away, and how hard it was for me open up and me taking a small vacation to the other side of the creek, in Dar es Salaam.

How much time has passed and changed and how blogging or online journal has become an essential part of our lives. I love to keep part of me alive in a written journal and also on a blog, although in a blog, we might not be as personal and write those actual gory details, but to be honest where do we draw the line? Would I write something personal about myself on how I felt, in details for all to read? Or be content in just writing light and not show emotions in the blog hence blocking out the essentials on what one feels?

Maybe writing, what we feel, has become the norm on online journals? But all in all, we have yet to save our memories and remind us on how we feel and what we are and learn through our mistakes from the past and keeping ourselves in a positive mindset. I am sure that one day it will be fun to just let go  and remove our thoughts like Dumbledore does on Harry Potter series, removing ones thoughts into a Pensieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment